My Snowy Reading Club
Sure, you’ve heard of Summer Reading Club, but what about Snowy Reading Club? This winter, join APL for My Snowy Reading Club, an online reading challenge where the whole family can earn badges for reading time and literacy activities.
Signing up is easy. Just visit MySRC.org from December 1 to January 31 and create an account to get started (instructions are below if you need help). If you participated in this year’s Summer Reading Club, you can use the same login information from this summer.
In addition to tracking your reading, there are several great programs happening in December and January that you won’t want to miss! Check out the schedule below and mark your calendar!
Reading Corps Carnival
Saturday, December 3, 10 a.m. to noon @ Northeast Branch
Families can win prizes at fun literacy stations.
Hour of Code: Coding Extravaganza
Tuesday, December 6, 6 to 7:30 p.m. @ Southwest Branch
Learn about coding in your community. All ages are welcome!
Between Teens: Teen Book Club
Saturday, December 10, 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. @ Southwest Branch
Wrap up the year at our book club holiday party!
Planning for Planners
Thursday, December 15, 1 to 2 p.m. @ Southwest Branch
Get organized for the new year with a planner.
Mayor’s Pajama Holiday Storytime
Thursday, December 15, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. @ Southeast Branch
Wear PJs for this festive party with the Mayor!
Dog Days at the Library
Saturday, December 17, 10:30 a.m. to noon @ Southwest Branch
Kids, practice reading to a patient therapy dog.
Saturday Storytime at River Legacy
Saturday, December 17, 11 to 11:45 a.m. @ River Legacy, 703 N.W. Green Oaks Blvd.
Preschoolers will enjoy stories, crafts, and critters.
Keep Calm and Sing On! Teen Karaoke
Tuesday, December 27, 3 to 5 p.m. @ Northeast Branch
School’s out! Show off at karaoke.
Every Thursday in January, 11 a.m. to noon @ Southeast Branch
An hour of play, just for babies and toddlers.
Kids (and Parents) Book Club
Wednesday, January 18, 5 to 6 p.m. @ Southwest Branch
Discuss Ratscalibur with other families.
Registering a New Account
Families (or other groups) have the option of signing up the entire family under one account. A parent signs up as the Registrant and then each child is signed up as a Participant underneath the parent’s account. Each child can still log in to view their personal activity, but parents will have access to view everyone’s activity in the family account.
- Library Card: Enter your library card or AISD student number.
- Username: This field will automatically populate when you enter your library card number. We suggest you change this randomly assigned user name to something easier to remember!
- Password: Choose a password that you will remember. (If you ever forget your password, there is a reminder link on the sign-in page or a member of our staff can help you retrieve it.)
- Registrant Name: This will populate when you enter your library card number. If you enter your AISD number it will populate with a generic “AISD student” label so please replace that with the student’s name.
- Primary Phone: Enter your phone number.
- Email: Enter your email address. We may occasionally email you about the club but we promise not to flood your inbox!
- Postal/Zip: Enter your zip code.
- Branch Location: Select the library branch that you most often visit.
- Are you participating? If you are going to track your reading activity, make sure to have this box checked so that you can log activity!
- Agree to terms: Please check or uncheck the boxes to tell us if you want to receive email, share your children’s name with AISD schools, etc.
Signing yourself up as a Participant
If you checked the “I am participating” checkbox in the section above, a new section will appear below it. Fill this out to complete your personal registration. (If you did not check that checkbox, move on to the next step!)
- Participant Date of Birth: Enter your date of birth.
- Grade: This field is optional.
- Participant School: This field is optional.
- Have you ever participated in the club before? Select Yes or No.
- Participant Library Card/AISD number: You may leave this field blank since you entered your library card number above.
Now click Agree to finish your registration! If you are not setting up a family account, click “All Done” and you are ready to start reading!
If you want to set up a family account, click “Add another participant to your account” and repeat the process for each participant.
You may add as many participants as you want under your Registrant account. Each participant will get their own username and password so they can sign in to their own account and log their reading activity. As the Registrant, you can sign in to your account and see all of the accounts in your family group as well as log activity for them.
Congratulations, now you’re ready to start reading!