Veterans Resources Fair to Showcase Area Services, Resources
This September, veterans, service members, and their families have a chance to learn more about resources and service organizations available to them locally. A Veterans Resources Fair will be held on Saturday, September 23, from 2-4 p.m. at the Southwest branch library.
“Veterans and service members are an important part of our community,” says Miranda Want, the librarian coordinating the fair. “We hope to share opportunities and options during the Veterans Resource Fair.”
Participants will meet and talk to businesses and community service providers who support and aid veterans. Representatives from the following organizations will be on hand to answer questions and share information about the local resources available to veterans:
- Attitudes and Attires will be on site with information about their Boots to Heels program, which provides support for female veterans and military spouses as they transition from military life.
- ComputerMinds will have details on their computer and IT training programs.
- Head Start, the early childhood education and care provider, will have information about their area centers.
- Catholic Charities, who are dedicated to preventing poverty, have supportive services for military families.
- Easter Seals assists job seekers to find meaningful employment. Learn about their services for veterans.
- Tarrant County Veterans Services Office is an advocate agency established to assist veterans and/or their survivors obtain entitled benefits from the State of Texas and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Learn how they can help you, free of charge.
- The Arlington Public Library will also have information on our services. Learn about resume-writing classes, small business networking groups, storytimes and other programs for children, and more.
The Veterans Resources Fair is intended for service members and veterans of all ages, men and women, from all branches of service and their families. Join us at the Southwest Branch on September 23 from 2-4 to learn more.