Get the Most out of Your New Device
Did you get a new device this holiday season? Lucky you! Get the most out of your new phone, tablet, or other device by adding our digital resources. You can explore free learning tools, read current magazines, download e-books and more. The best part is, it’s all free with your library card.
Download Digital Content
Your Arlington Public Library card includes subscriptions to e-books, e-audiobooks, digital magazine and more.
- Overdrive has a huge collection of fiction and non-fiction e-books. You can also download e-audiobooks and digital comics.
- RBDigital offers e-audiobooks as well as 123 digital magazines. Download the RBDigital app to subscribe to and read current issues!
- eBrary has non-fiction and scholarly works available to read.
Learn a Language
Expand your horizons with our language learning software. Download these apps to keep your language classes in your pocket.
- Mango provides 77 languages, including 17 English courses taught completely in the user’s native tongue. Learn through interactive modules, films, fun mini-courses and more.
- Pronunciator offers 80 languages, which you can learn through self-directed online lessons, live interactions with real teachers, movies, music and more.
Boost Your Career
Looking to get ahead in the job you have, or find a new line of work? Make yourself stand out with Lynda.com, a collection of video tutorials and trainings, all taught by experts in the field. You can pick a learning path, download Continuing Education certificates, and even sync your new skills to your LinkedIn account. (Use Lynda.com through your device’s browser, not through the Lynda.com app.)
If you’re having trouble using your device with any of these tools, we’d be glad to help! Please make a one-on-one appointment with a librarian to learn more about our resources.