Prepare Your 2017 Taxes with the Arlington Public Library

During tax season, the Arlington Public Library provides various resources for preparing your taxes. We do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting professionals before engaging in any transaction.

Tax Season Dates

The Internal Revenue Service has announced that this year’s tax season will take place January 29 to April 17. Tax returns and payments are traditionally due on April 15, which falls on a weekend this year. Read more about tax deadlines here.

Tax Forms

Due to changes by the Tax Forms Outlet Program, we will only have a limited amount of forms this year. We do have reproducible forms available to use on the copy machine. Forms and instructions are also available at

Tax Help

February 1 – April 17, 2018

AARP will be providing assistance at most Arlington Public Library locations on a first-come, first-serve basis. Interested patrons can sign up in person, on days with scheduled tax assistance, to be seen. Check our calendar listings for dates, locations, and what to bring.

Click here to view a printable version of the tax aide schedule.

Using the Library Computers to File Taxes

Our public computers are available for use for those who would like to file their taxes online. There are a number of sites that offer e-filing services; some free and some fee-based. Payment may need to be submitted online by entering credit card or debit account information. A valid email address in order to file taxes electronically.

Online Tax Help
Free File: Do Your Federal Taxes for Free
Where to File Paper Tax Returns
Find a local IRS office
819 Taylor St., Rm 6A14
Ft. Worth, TX 76102
Frequently Asked Tax Questions
Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
Tax Help in American Sign Language
Taxpayer Advocate Service
877-777-4778 Nationwide
214-413-6500 Local

State Income Taxes

Texas, along with six other states, Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Washington, and Wyoming, does not have a state income tax. If you have lived part of the year in another state, you may be required to pay taxes there.