ArlingCon | Cosplay
Cosplay is welcomed and encouraged at ArlingCon! Come dressed as your favorite character, but please keep in mind this is a family-friendly event.
ArlingCon Cosplay and Prop Policies
- ArlingCon Cosplay and Prop Policies apply to all convention attendees, regardless of costume or dress.
- Participation in cosplay does not constitute consent. All ArlingCon attendees must have permission before touching or photographing other attendees.
- Inappropriate conduct with any camera (video or photo) will be grounds for removal of convention privileges.
- Shoes are required at all times while in the public areas of the convention center. Even if a cosplay character goes barefoot, the cosplayer must wear shoes.
- Costumes and daily wear shall not expose the body in such a way as to be deemed indecent exposure under Texas and City of Arlington ordinances. Private parts must be covered in an opaque material not subject to slippage or gaps. Liquid Latex or other body coatings that conform to the body will not constitute appropriate clothing. All outfits must provide at least the same coverage as standard swimwear.
- If an official flag is used as part of a cosplay or as a prop it must be displayed with due respect.
- No live steel props allowed. Live steel is defined by ArlingCon as any metal object that can hold a sharp edge, whether or not it actually does. Plastic blades must be blunt.
- No firearms or any kind of live projectile weapon are allowed as costume props.
- Attendees will not brandish, flail, run with, or use their prop in any kind of threatening manner. Posing for photos or videos is allowed.
- No costume or prop may generate odor, smoke, or fog. If you wish to use such a device on stage for the cosplay contest, contact staff in advance for approval.
- No costumes may be realistic depictions of Arlington or State of Texas Law Enforcement or have any other official Government Agency name or initials on them.
All ArlingCon participants and attendees, including cosplayers, must abide to ArlingCon’s policies. Please read the following.
Additionally, all state laws and local ordinances regarding public behavior shall apply.