Friends of the Library Book Sale
The Friends of the Arlington Public Library hold booksales twice a year, in the spring and the fall. The Friends always need volunteers to help prepare for and staff the book sale. People are always needed for sorting and pricing materials. No experience is necessary – training will be provided.
We accept book donations at all Arlington Public Library locations. Red barrels for book donations are also located at all Arlington Fire Stations.
September 21-25, 2016
1400 Dugan St.
- Wednesday 2-7 p.m. MEMBERS ONLY (Membership available at the door)
- Thursday 2-7 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Blue Book Specials!
- Sunday (Half Price Day) 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Teachers only 5:15-6 p.m.
What you can find:
Unique Treasures Area
Videos – DVDs
Books on tape and CDs
Paperbacks and Hardcovers
Books for all ages
The Friends of the Arlington Public Library also need volunteers to help prepare for and staff the book sale. People are always needed for sorting and pricing materials. No experience is necessary – training will be provided
For more information on the book sale or to volunteer, call 817-548-9768 or 817-307-5611.
Email inquires to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promotional assistance provided by the Star-Telegram
Friends of the Library Book and Author Luncheons
The Friends of the Arlington Public Library hold Book & Author Luncheons twice a year, in the spring and the fall.
The next Book and Author Luncheon will be held in the spring of 2017, and attendees will enjoy lunch and a presentation by the authors, followed by a sale and signing of the featured books.
How to purchase tickets?
- Click the Donate Button. In the box that reads “Friends of the Arlington Public Library,” enter the amount you are donating (tickets are $25/person).
- Enter and submit your name, credit card information, address, phone number, and email.
- On the review screen, click on “Add special instructions to the seller” and type in Book & Author
- Submit donation – you will receive an onscreen and email receipt.
If you have questions, please contact the Friends of the Arlington Public Library at 817-548-9768 or by email at email@example.com.
Recent authors include
- Kellie Coates Gilbert, A Woman of Fortune
- Carole Nelson Douglas, Goodnight, Mr. Holmes
- Landon Parham, First Night of Summer
- Julie Kibler, Calling me Home
- Robert Hall, Land of Strangers — The Relationship Crisis That Imperils Home, Work, Politics, and Faith
- Paula LaRocque, Chalk Line, The Book on Writing, On Word, and Championship Writing.
- OK Carter, Caddos, Cotton and Cowboys: Essays on Arlington
- Sandy Prindle, The Sins of Tarrant County
- Evelyn Barker & Lea Worcester, Legendary Locals of Arlington, Arlington: Images of America
- Joy Weaver, Just Ask Joy… how to be socially savvy in all situations
- Dr. Richard Francaviglia & Dr. Jerry Rodnitzky, Lights, Camera, History: A Prologue to the Past in Film
- Dr. Monica Anderson, I Stand Accused
- Former Mayor Elzie Odom, Counting My Blessings