Medieval Arts Festival
Noon to 5 p.m.
100 W. Abram St.
Experience the Middle Ages as history comes to life! Fascinating exhibits of medieval arts and sciences will be on display. Live demonstrations of ancient weaponry will be conducted by costumed members of the Society for Creative Anachronism, an international organization dedicated to researching and re-creating the arts and the skills of the Middle Ages. Have fun and get educated at the same time. A hands on experience for the whole family, as they discover another time, together. Fun photo opportunities will be available.
Festival highlights include:
- Food trucks
- Live weaponry demonstrations from the Society of Creative Anachronism, Association for Renaissance Martial Arts and the Armored Combat League
- Hand-crafted arts, instruments and tools
- Storytime and children’s activities every hour
- Costumed reenactments with the Society of Creative Anachronism
- Giant foam building blocks with our Imagination Playground in a Cart
- Local author Troy Depue of the Medieval Facts Examiner
- LARPing (live action role-play) by members of Amtgard, Barony of Mourningwood Glen
- Milo, the City of Arlington’s autonomous vehicle
- and more!
Festivities will be held at the Levitt Pavilion and will include stories, games and activities for children. Those in attendance at the Festival will be eligible for door prizes donated by Theatre Arlington, Scarborough Renaissance Festival and Medieval Times. This 15th annual event is entertaining and educational for the whole family. Come join us and celebrate autumn in medieval style! Admission is free!