The TechLiNK is a new concept in technology access and computer classes for the community of Arlington. It provides free computer training and Internet access to areas of Arlington where public computers and broadband Internet are scarce.
TechLiNK services and classes include
- Basic computer skills
- Setting up an email account
- Microsoft Office training
- Help with online job searching
- Searching the Internet
- Accessing library databases
- Dimensions: Length 39’, Width 8’4”, and Height 13’6”
- 11 computer work stations
- Large screen TV for instruction
- 1 wheelchair-accessible workstation
- Wireless Internet
- Networked printer (free printing is limited)
The TechLiNK can be requested for your Arlington community or event!
The Arlington Public Library gives priority to locations that target underserved populations and the proposed event should align with and support the mission and objectives of the Arlington Public Library. Library-sponsored instructors will be available to assist bus operations & teach classes.
Please email visit requests or inquiries to Sarai Suarez. Event requests should be submitted at least four weeks prior to the event date. Locations are required to provide adequate parking space (dimensions: Length 39’, Width 8’4”, Height 13’6”), handicap access, and restroom facilities.
Paid for through a grant from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act through the Department of Commerce’s National Telecommunications and Information Administration Broadband Technology and Opportunities Program (BTOP).