The Arlington Public Library has an excellent selection of materials that help the Arlington community live, learn, connect and grow. Many of our high demand items need a little TLC to remain in our collection. As a Book Doctor, you would diagnose, treat, and prescribe preventative care to wounded books in our collection. This position is available at all seven locations.
Sign Up as a Book Doctor on our city’s volunteer page.
- Inspect materials for damage and diagnose the problem.
- Clean and bandage wounds (also known as cleaning and repairing covers, spines and missing pages, etc.)
- Ensure that our books and AV items are looking their best.
- Ability to communicate with others and interpret directions.
- Good dexterity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to make a minimum commitment of at least 1 hour per week for a period of at least 3 months.