Internships for College Students
Do you need an internship for college? Do you have a special skill you can share with the library? Arlington Public Library currently hosts college internships and practicum assignments.
- Technical Services digitization projects.
- General Reference/Customer Service for adults and children
- Special projects on demand.
- Got a better idea? Run it past us, and we will determine if it is a good fit.
- A smile!
- Must be currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program.
- Friendly demeanor and ability to get along with a diverse group of people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Lots of patience.
- A strong grasp of computers, the Internet, e-mail, Microsoft Office, social networking sites such as facebook and twitter, photo editing and hosting sites, downloadable audiobooks and ebooks as well as many other current and upcoming technologies.
- Ability to communicate with others.
- A positive attitude and ability to get along with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to make a minimum commitment of 2-3 hours per week for a period of at least 3 months.
How to Apply:
- Contact the volunteer coordinator to set up a meeting with administrators.
- Indicate a position that interests you. After application processing, an interview will be arranged to match your interest and availability with the positions open. Please bring a resume and all university required documents to the meeting. If selected for this position, training will be provided and a staff member will always be close at hand to offer assistance.