We love to get people excited about reading, literacy and growing our community. Working side by side with library staff, the Library Ambassador attends community events, helps plan programs, and networks with community leaders and organizations to spread the word about the library.
Sign Up to be a Library Ambassador on our city’s volunteer page.
- Meet and greet members of the community while attending library programs and community events.
- Provide general information about library services, programs and materials.
- Distribute promotional material.
- Assist with the setup, implementation, and cleanup of library programs.
- A Smile!
- A positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Friendly, welcoming demeanor and ability to get along with a diverse group of people.
- Knowledge of languages other than English is helpful, but not required.
- Ability to make a minimum commitment of 1-2 hours per week for a period of at least 3 months and availability during the evenings or weekends a plus.