Hello! Hola! Châo Cô! The Arlington Public Library would like to be able to communicate with all of our library patrons! Help us break language barriers by assisting us in translating our oral and written communications.
Sign Up to be a Multicultural Consultant on our city’s volunteer page.
- Translate bookmarks, posters, fliers, and other library publications.
- Proofread staff translations.
- Assist staff by translating patron inquiries.
- Come out with us to community engagement events to help spread the word (in many languages) about the library!
- A Smile!
- A positive attitude and ability to get along with a diverse group of people.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines for written communication and availability during the evening and on weekends as an oral translator for community events.