Reading is fun! That is the message Arlington Public Library wants to send out to children through their story times, puppet programs, summer reading program and other activities. As a Storytime Guide, you would encourage childhood literacy and inspire kids to read by imagining, creating, coordinating, and facilitating quality children’s programming.
Sign Up to be a Storytime Guide on our city’s volunteer page.
- Help maintain order while groups of children participate in literacy activities.
- Prepare crafts and other activities for programs.
- Assist with Summer Reading Club by entering reading log information into the appropriate spreadsheets, handing out prizes to deserving children and printing off reward certificates.
- A Smile!
- A love for children and reading.
- Good dexterity.
- Attention to detail.
- A positive attitude and ability to get along with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to make a minimum commitment of 1-2 hours per week for a period of at least 3 months.
If you have bilingual skills, we have a bilingual story time at East Arlington Branch Library.