Reading is fun! That is the message Arlington Public Library wants to send out to children through their story times, puppet programs, summer reading program and other activities. As a Storytime Helper, you would encourage childhood literacy and inspire kids by helping library staff with our quality children’s programming.
Sign Up to be a Storytime Helper on our city’s volunteer page.
- Setting up and cleaning up the Storytime room.
- Assisting children with craft activities and supplies.
- Singing songs with staff during Storytime.
- A Smile!
- A love for children and reading.
- A positive attitude and ability to get along with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to make a minimum commitment of 1-2 hours per week for a period of at least 3 months.
If you have Spanish speaking skills, we have offer bilingual Storytimes at several locations.