Reading is fun! That is the message Arlington Public Library wants to send out to children through their story times, puppet programs, summer reading program and other activities. As a Community Reader, you would encourage childhood literacy and inspire kids by presenting storytimes out in the community. Volunteers will lead storytimes at childcare centers on a bi-weekly basis, and all volunteers must make a one semester commitment to participate. If a volunteer would like to lead weekly storytimes, that can be arranged as well. Volunteers will also need to attend a storytime workshop.
Sign Up to be a Community Reader on our city’s volunteer page.
- Attend a storytime workshop.
- Have your own transportation and be willing to drive to a local childcare center.
- Provide interactive and exciting storytimes to preschoolers.
- A Smile!
- A love for children and reading.
- A positive attitude and ability to get along with a diverse group of people.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.