Arts and Crafts: Pom Pom Wall Hanging
Do you have some yarn lying around? You can add flair and a pop of color to your home or office with this DIY Pom Pom Wall Hanging! This DIY project is perfect to do with your family as well.
Time Required: 30 minutes – 1 hour
Yarn: You can choose multiple colors or just one color
A bobby pin
A stick or something to hang your pom poms from
Something roundish to loop your yarn around (we used a phone)
- Loop your yarn around and around. To make your Pom Poms more fluffy do about 70-100 loops. If you want smaller Pom Poms you can put two fingers together and loop your yarn around them.
- Once you’ve done about 70-100 loops, carefully slide the looped yarn down the object. Then, cut a piece of yarn big enough to be tied around the center of your looped yarn
- Next, cut the yarn on both sides of the tied yarn. You’ll then have a Pom Pom! Your Pom Pom may be looking a little rough at this point, so feel free to give it a hair cut until you are satisfied with the way it looks. *You can also save the scraps for future projects.
- Repeat this process until you have the desired amount of Pom Poms to hang on your stick, we made 13 Pom Poms.
- Once you’ve finished making your Pom Poms, arrange them the way you want them to be hung and then cut a piece of string or yarn just a bit longer, about 2 inches longer is okay. Grab your bobby pin and thread your string or yarn through. Then tie a knot so that it does not slip off.
- Thread your bobby pin through your Pom Poms. Work in reverse and start with the Pom Pom you want hanging at the bottom and work your way up. Repeat this process.
- Tie your threaded yarn or string to your stick and secure it with a knot.
- At this point admire your work so far! All that is left is to tie a string on both sides of the stick so that you can hang your fluffy decoration in your home or office!