Woodland West Branch Library
Southwest Branch Library
Southeast Branch Library
2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Northeast Branch Library
Lake Arlington Branch Library
East Arlington Branch Library
George W. Hawkes Downtown Library
2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Summer Reading Club
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Discover Your Story with the Arlington Public Library's Summer Reading Club! Join us all summer long for free, fun activities for all ages.
Summer Reading Club starts on June 2. It's easy to participate, and you can earn free prizes while supplies last.
Early learners (ages 0 to 4 years): read 20 books with a caregiver by August 4.
Children, teens and adults (everyone 5 years and older): read five hours by August 4. Magazines, audiobooks, work materials, and listening to someone else read aloud all count!
After you've read, simply submit a reading log to be eligible for prizes. Click here to fill out our secure online form, or get a paper log from any of our branches.
Prizes are available while supplies last and include something fun for everyone! All participants can pick a toy or phone accessory. Additional prizes are available for different age groups.
- Ages 0 to 12 years receive a book, swim pass, free coupons to local businesses, and a discounted ticket to the Texas Rangers game on August 17.
- Ages 0 to 4 years receive a shirt as an additional prize! Only one size available. All children 0 to 4 years are also entered in drawings for one of three learning activity sets from Lakeshore Learning.
- Ages 8 to 11 years are automatically entered in a drawing for one of ten bikes, provided by the Kiwanis Club of Arlington.
- Ages 13 to 17 receive a swim pass, free coupons to local businesses, and a free ticket to the Texas Rangers game on August 17.
- Adults ages 18 and up are automatically entered into prize drawings for gift cards.
Join us all summer long for free events for all ages!
Click here to see our online calendar, or click here to download our Summer Reading Club brochure.