Arts and Crafts: DIY Cat Toy Ball
Have an abundance of toilet paper rolls in your home and aren’t sure what to do? Make this fun DIY cat toy ball! It can be used as a treat dispenser or simply serve as something that your cat(s) can bat around. It is also inexpensive and easy to replace, which is always a bonus for cat toys.
What you'll need:
- Toilet paper roll
- Pen or pencil
- Cat treats (optional)
* Please note that a kitty assistant is not guaranteed or promised for this activity.
- Draw four lines spaced about half an inch apart. You will have part of the roll leftover, which is fine. You can save it as materials for another ball.
- Cut the roll into rings. You should have four rings for the ball.
- Take two rings. Insert one ring into another.
- Repeat the process. Take the third ring and insert it into the second one.
- Insert the last ring into the third ring. You may need to wiggle the rings around a bit so that they are evenly spaced.
- This step is optional but is a good way to encourage cats to play with the toy. Insert a kitty treat inside the ball and give it to your cat(s) to play.