Arts and Craft: Personalized Fabric Key Fob
This easy to make key fob will add a colorful touch to your keys and will make them easy to find if you ever misplace them! You can personalize your accessory by using some cute fabric or also by hand or machine embroidering your name or initials.
A sewing machine or sewing needles
- Pick one or two pieces of fabric.
- Measure your fabric and cut it so that your pieces are 2 1/2 x 13 inches. You can also tailor the measurements according to your personal preference if you want the band to be thicker or thinner.
- Place your fabric with the right side down and crease the sides so that they meet in the middle. Iron over the edges so that they stay in place.
- Place your pieces of fabric on top of each other so that the creased sides meet.
- Sew the two pieces of fabric using a sewing machine or needle with a scant 1/4 inch seam.
- Cut a small piece of fabric out that is about 1/2 an inch by 1 inch, it is okay if it is longer. This will be used as a loop to place your key ring through.
- Cut the two ends of the small piece of fabric together and then put it between the sewn fabric and sew this together with a 1/4-inch seam.
- Flip the sewn loop inside out and you have a cute personalized key Fob!