Arts and Crafts: Coloring Sheet Suncatchers
Create a fun and easy suncatcher using mason jars and coloring sheets. Suncatchers also known as light catchers are beautiful reflective and iridescent decorations that fit in any room or outdoor space. This fun little craft will catch your eye every time you look out your window!
We hope patrons enjoy this craft and remember that you can now request the materials through our new Curbside Pick Up Activity Kits service.
- Mason Jar Rings
- Paper plate/paper towel
- Markers or Colored Pencils
- Cotton Balls
- Vegetable Oil
- Tacky Glue
- Color your coloring page.
- Apply vegetable oil gently across the page with the cotton ball to make it translucent to the sun.
- Take the mason jar lid and draw a circle around the art and then cut around it on the inside of the circle so it can fit in the lid.
- Glue the art into the lid.
- Wrap twine around the lid and tie a knot or glue it. Make sure to give enough length at the end to be able to hang your suncatcher.
- Enjoy the view!