Have a Fa-boo-lous Halloween with Drive-Thru Parade
It’s spooky season at the Arlington Public Library. We invite you to our first-ever Halloween Drive-Thru Parade. Join us on Saturday, Oct. 31 from 10:30 a.m. through 12:00 p.m. at the Southwest Branch Library, 3311 S.W. Green Oaks Blvd, to kick-start your Halloween festivities.
Families are encouraged to wear their favorite costumes and have fun engaging in songs, puppet conversations, bubble magic, and more all from the comfort of their vehicles. But the festivities don’t stop there, each child will receive a spook-takular take-home craft from the library.
This car parade allows us to connect and celebrate with families safely. We ask all families to please remain in your vehicles during the procession. Each station offers different activities and will allow families to enjoy the festivities from the comfort of their vehicles. This program is free and geared toward families with children ages 0-5.
After the parade, be sure to use our curbside pick-up service to check out Halloween-themed books, DVDs, and more to keep the entire family entertained. From children's books to horror classic from authors like Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Dean Koontz. And don’t miss out on our wide collection of DVDs: Hocus Pocus, Beetlejuice and so much more!
Follow these simple steps to pick up items.
1. Place an item on hold through arlingtonlibrary.org
2. When your items are ready, we’ll notify you by email, phone, or text message, depending on your account preference.
3. Drive to the library and park in the designated curbside pick up parking lane.
4. Call (817) 459-6900 to let the library staff know you are there to pick up your items. We will ask for your Library card number so that your book can be checked out. Provide staff with the make, model, and color of your car.
5. Library staff will place your items on a designated table, then stand at the door of the building and watch while you pick up your items. Library staff will disinfect all items and surfaces after pick up.
6. Enjoy your books!
Though trick-or-treating will be different this year, we hope to make this Halloween a real treat for all families. We can’t wait to see everyone in their Halloween best!