Library Goes to Prom 2020: DIY Photo Booth Accessories
Part of what makes prom fun is the photos! As part of Library Goes to Prom, we will be teaching you how to make your own fun and fabulous photo booth accessories. Whether you are a graduating senior or simply someone with a love of photography, making photo booth accessories is fun and easy because there are practically no rules! You decide what you would like to make. Will it be a fancy top hat, or a shiny prom queen crown?
- Cardstock or cardboard
- Pen, pencil or marker (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Dowel rod, chopstick, straw, or stick from the yard
- Glue (only if using glitter)
- Make up your mind and draw that item on your cardstock. For our examples, we used black cardstock, white, and pink.
- After you are satisfied with your drawing, cut it out. You can then add a light layer of mod podge or glue, then sprinkle glitter on your design. If you're using glitter, you might want to work outside!
- Once your design is ready, attach it with tape to some sort of stick (see supplies above). The stick should be on the back side of your accessory, so it won’t be quite as visible (see photo). For hats and/or crowns, it is good to put your stick to one side, so you can place the accessory over your head without there being a stick in your face. For items like the bowtie, lips, and heart, it is fine to put your stick in the middle.
Have fun making your accessories! We would love to see your photos. Tag us on social media @ArlingtonTXLib or see what other libraries are doing with #LibraryGoesToProm2020!