It’s time for another Fall Book Sale, opening September 26, 2018! The Friends and the Foundation of the Arlington Public Library are back with their twice-yearly book sale. FFAPL members and volunteers have been busy for months to sort, store, price, and arrange thousands of items. Their behind-the-scenes work all comes together when the Meadowbrook Recreation Center is transformed into a bustling book fair.
Book lovers can count on finding a variety of items. Every sale features books arranged by category. Juvenile and children’s books, fiction, religion and foreign language are the largest sections at this sale, but you can also browse non-fiction, paperbacks, mysteries and more. Check out the non-print section for audio-visual items like CDs, DVDs, records, puzzles, and even toys.
This year’s Fall Book Sale runs from September 26 to 30 at the following times:
- Wednesday, September 26: 2 to 7 p.m. FFAPL members-only preview day. Membership is available at the door for $20.
- Thursday, September 27: 2 to 7 p.m.
- Friday, September 28: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, September 29: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Flash sales all day long!
- Sunday, September 30: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (5:15 to 6:30 p.m. for teachers and non-profits)
All proceeds from the Book Sale support the Library, including the new George W. Hawkes Downtown Library project. The FFAPL is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that’s supported the Arlington Public Library System since 1987.