Woodland West Branch Library
Southwest Branch Library
Southeast Branch Library
2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Northeast Branch Library
Lake Arlington Branch Library
East Arlington Branch Library
George W. Hawkes Downtown Library
2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
World Language Storytimes for Early Literacy Across Languages
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The Arlington Public Library announces a new series of storytimes offered in international languages, beginning in March 2019. Storytimes promote early literacy and build strong family relationships. Please join us to listen and experience engaging stories read by community volunteers in one of six different international languages presented once a month from March to August.
With these storytimes, the Library is offering early literacy services in the eight most-frequently spoken languages in Arlington. The new storytimes, provided in Vietnamese, Arabic, French, Chinese, Japanese and Portuguese, are in addition to programs already given in English and Spanish.
The stories are geared for preschool-aged children but the whole family is welcome to attend. Young learners will enjoy a unique storytime with a native speaker and learn a little about their culture. No registration is required.
World language storytimes are offered at the following dates and times:
- Japanese Storytime at the George W. Hawkes Downtown Library, 2nd Tuesday of the month: March 12, April 16, May 14, June 11, July 9, August 13; 4:30 p.m.
- French Storytime at the Southeast Branch, 2nd Tuesday of the month: March 12, April 16, May 14, June 11, July 9, August 13; 5 p.m.
- Chinese Storytime at the East Arlington Branch, 2nd Thursday of the month: March 14, April 11, May 9, June 13, July 11, August 8; 5 p.m.
- Portuguese Storytime at the Southwest Branch, 4th Thursday of the month: March 28, April 25, May 23, June 27, July 25, August 22; 4:30 p.m.
- Arabic Storytime at the East Arlington Branch, Tuesdays, March 19, April 16, May 28, June 25, July 23, August 20; 4:30 p.m.
- Vietnamese Storytime at the Southeast Branch, 4th Saturday of the month: April 27, May 25, June 22, July 27, August 24; 3 p.m.
These storytimes are offered in addition to the Library’s regular storytimes and are made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services to the Texas State Library and Archives Commission under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act (2018).