Hours and Services Restored at the George W. Hawkes Downtown Library
The George W. Hawkes Downtown Library is restoring hours and services on Tuesday, June 1, 2021. We will be open during the following days and hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday – Saturday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The Downtown Library offers access to meeting rooms, study rooms, computers, the Makerspace, and the Genealogy and Local History area. Check our calendar to register for in-person classes. The Sustainability Shop is open during regular business hours.
The following in-person services are available:
- Returning large items such as kits
- Public computer access for adults
- Free Wi-fi
- Copying, faxing and scanning
- Study and meeting rooms with reservations (reserve your room here)
- Remote printing
- Programming for children and adults – register on our calendar
- Meeting rooms
- Children's computers
- Children’s toys
- The Reading Room located on the third floor
Curbside pick-up will continue to be available during regular business hours. Items can be returned through our book drop or our sorting machine, which is located on the first floor. All library locations are now accepting donations. If you have any questions please contact us at (817) 459-6900 or here.