2023 Spring Flash Fiction Contest
Attention writers! The Arlington Public Library is hosting a Flash Fiction writing competition for Spring 2023. The contest is open for 2nd grade through 12th grade. Submissions will be reviewed in grade specific divisions, and prizes will be awarded to division winners. First place winners will receive a writer’s goodie box, and runners up will receive a journal, pen, and bookmark.
This contest is meant to encourage young writers to channel their creativity and expand their writing skills. By developing an appreciation for storytelling, young writers can improve their literacy and create a lifelong habit of reading.
Submissions will be accepted from February 1 through February 24, and division winners will be announced on March 3.
- Stories must be no more than 1000 words long. Longer submissions will not be accepted.
- All work must be submitted through this Google Form. We cannot accept paper submissions.
- All submissions must be typed in 12-point professional font (Times New Roman, Arial, Helvetica, Georgia, etc.).
- Only one submission per entrant is permitted.
- Submissions must be in .pdf, .doc, or .docx format.
- Stories must not contain personal identification information.
- Submissions can be genre fiction, literary fiction, or creative non-fiction.
- Stories must be an original work by only one author.
- Submissions must include a title page with the title of the story, the word count of the story, and the grade division of the entrant.
- By submitting to the Spring 2023 Arlington Public Library Flash Fiction Contest, entrants agree to abide by all submission guidelines and submit to the decisions made by the review board as it concerns naming winners, determining submission fitness, and prize allocation. The Arlington Public Library is not responsible for technical errors that result in failed submissions.
All entries must be submitted online here: https://forms.gle/smKFwNsKkFqCEuQJ7
If you have any questions, you can contact us at LIBYouthServices@arlingtontx.gov or (817) 459-6900.