Woodland West Branch Library
Southwest Branch Library
Southeast Branch Library
2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Northeast Branch Library
Lake Arlington Branch Library
East Arlington Branch Library
George W. Hawkes Downtown Library
2 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Technology Available at the Library
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The Arlington Public Library offers free public WiFi to all visitors.
Library Connection Settings
Network Name or (SSID): LIB_ONLINE
Network Mode: Infrastructure
IP or Network Settings: DHCP enabled or Obtain an IP address automatically
DNS: Obtain DNS address automatically
Gateway: No default gateway set—your card should detect it automatically
- Will I need any special settings or passwords to connect?
No, the Library’s wireless network is open to all visitors. No special encryption settings, user names, or passwords are required.
- What wireless standard does the library use?
The Arlington Public Library System uses the WiFi standard (also known as IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n). Speed will vary by location and number of users.
- Can I print?
Print release stations are available in all of our branches. Click the mobile printing tab on the left side of the page for instructions on how to print from your wireless device or from home.
- Can the library help me configure my computer?
No, Library staff are not able to provide technical assistance.
- Do the general rules about computer use still apply?
Yes, the Arlington Public Library Computer Use Policy applies to all computers within the library.
- What about virus protection and security?
Virus protection and privacy security is not provided by the Library. Users are encouraged to have firewall and virus protection software installed on their computers before using the wireless Internet connection.
- What can I do if I cannot connect to your wireless network?
While library staff are not able to provide technical assistance, they may have practical suggestions about where WiFi signals tend to be strongest.
The Arlington Public Library offers access to public computers for children and adults as part of the Library’s reference and literacy services. Public computers are free to use for all users with a valid library card. Guest passes are available for non-residents for $1 an hour.
Computers are first-come, first-served and may be reserved at a sign-up station.
In order to provide accessible services to our patrons, adults are able to use public computers in Adult service areas only. In some library locations, computers are also designated specifically for use by children (ages 0-12) or teens (ages 13-17).
Please see our Computer Usage Policy for more details.
Mobile Printing at the library
Printing cost is $0.15 for Black & White and $0.50 for Color per page
Password protected sites and documents will not print! For a complete list of supported file types go to PrinterOn
Method 1: Upload file(s) from the Mobile Print Portal
Choose your library’s Mobile Print Portal:
- George W. Hawkes Downtown Library: http://www.printeron.net/apl/downtown
- East Arlington: http://www.printeron.net/apl/east
- Lake Arlington: http://www.printeron.net/apl/lake-arlington
- Northeast: http://www.printeron.net/apl/northeast
- Southeast: http://www.printeron.net/apl/southeast
- Southwest: http://www.printeron.net/apl/southwest
- Woodland West: http://www.printeron.net/apl/woodland-west
Select the black and white or color printer.
Enter your email address.
- If printing from a website: copy and paste the website's url into the text box. (password protected sites will not work)
- If printing a document from your computer: click Browse and locate file.
Click the green print button.
Method 2: Send as Email Attachment
Login to your email account and send an email with the document(s) to be printed to any of our printers:
- George W. Hawkes Downtown Library — First Floor — Black and White: firstname.lastname@example.org
- George W. Hawkes Downtown Library — First Floor — Color: email@example.com
- George W. Hawkes Downtown Library — Second Floor — Black and White: firstname.lastname@example.org
- George W. Hawkes Downtown Library — Second Floor — Color: email@example.com
- George W. Hawkes Downtown Library — Third Floor — Black and White: firstname.lastname@example.org
- George W. Hawkes Downtown Library — Third Floor — Color: email@example.com
- East Arlington — Black and White: firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Arlington — Color: email@example.com
- Lake Arlington — Black and White: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lake Arlington — Color: email@example.com
- Northeast — Black and White: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northeast — Color: email@example.com
- Southeast — Black and White: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southeast — Color: email@example.com
- Southwest — Black and White: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southwest — Color: email@example.com
- Woodland West — Black and White: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Woodland West — Color: email@example.com
With this method, you can print both the email AND the attachment as separate print jobs. You will not be charged for the email if you decide not to print it.
Method 3: Upload the PrinterOn App
Download the free PrinterOn app for iPhone, iPad, Android, and use the app to print to a branch library. Open the PrinterOn application and search for the Arlington Public Library. You can enter your zip code, or allow the app to use your location. Add your Printers Print documents, photos, or web pages directly from the application.
Printing at the Print Release Kiosk
1. At the Print Release Kiosk, click Release a Print Job and enter the email address used to send the print job.
2. Select the print job(s) you wish to print and click Print. (You can also preview your print job on this screen by selecting Preview.)
3. A window will pop up the total cost of the print job(s). 4. Pay for your print job(s)
- Click Pay from Vending Device to pay with cash, if you are a guest or do not have funds on our AAM account.
- Click Pay from AAM Account and enter your library card number and PIN to pay with funds on your AAM account. (Library cardholders only).
- The job(s) will then be released to the printer.