- Computer training at the Arlington Public Library is free and open to the public.
- A library card is not required to register for or to attend a class.
- Participants must pre-register for all classes.
- Classes will begin promptly at the time scheduled. You must arrive 10 minutes ahead of class to ensure your seat. Five minutes before class we will start assigning empty seats to those on the waiting list.
Interested in teaching? Volunteer to be a Cyber Coach!
Ratatype Ratatype is a social online typing tutor that allows users to master their typing skills, challenge their friends in typing speed and accuracy, or earn typing certificates.
FreeTypingGame.Net Test your typing skills.
Ten Key Test Practice 10-key typing (using the numeric keyboard).
GCFLearnFree.org: Online tutorials on everything from computer basics to social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc). You can choose to follow a Lesson, click through an Interactive, take a quiz in the Extras, or watch a Video.
For beginners, we recommend the following sequence:
- Computer Basics – Getting started with desktop and laptop computers.
- Internet 101 – Tips for browsing and strategies for searching online.
- Internet Safety – Avoid the most common threats and learn how to protect your data and privacy.
- Email 101 – Introduction to email basics, etiquette and safety.
- Beyond Email – Chat, Skype, blogging and more.
Learning Express Library Software Tutorials: Interactive video tutorials to master computer and internet basics, popular software programs (Microsoft Office), and more. It requires a library card and a free account set-up.
Microsoft Online Training for Office: Online tutorials for Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more.