East Arlington Branch Library
Woodland West Branch Library
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Southwest Branch Library
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Southeast Branch Library
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Northeast Branch Library
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Lake Arlington Branch Library
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Technology Available at the Library
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
The Arlington Public Library offers free public WiFi to all visitors.
Library Connection Settings
Network Name or (SSID): LIB_ONLINE
Network Mode: Infrastructure
IP or Network Settings: DHCP enabled or Obtain an IP address automatically
DNS: Obtain DNS address automatically
Gateway: No default gateway set—your card should detect it automatically
- Will I need any special settings or passwords to connect?
No, the Library’s wireless network is open to all visitors. No special encryption settings, user names, or passwords are required.
- What wireless standard does the library use?
The Arlington Public Library System uses the WiFi standard (also known as IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n). Speed will vary by location and number of users.
- Can I print?
Print release stations are available in all of our branches. Click the mobile printing tab on the left side of the page for instructions on how to print from your wireless device or from home.
- Can the library help me configure my computer?
No, Library staff are not able to provide technical assistance.
- Do the general rules about computer use still apply?
Yes, the Arlington Public Library Computer Use Policy applies to all computers within the library.
- What about virus protection and security?
Virus protection and privacy security is not provided by the Library. Users are encouraged to have firewall and virus protection software installed on their computers before using the wireless Internet connection.
- What can I do if I cannot connect to your wireless network?
While library staff are not able to provide technical assistance, they may have practical suggestions about where WiFi signals tend to be strongest.
The Arlington Public Library offers access to public computers for children and adults as part of the Library’s reference and literacy services. Public computers are free to use for all users with a valid library card. Guest passes are available for non-residents for $1 an hour.
Computers are first-come, first-served and may be reserved at a sign-up station.
In order to provide accessible services to our patrons, adults are able to use public computers in Adult service areas only. In some library locations, computers are also designated specifically for use by children (ages 0-12) or teens (ages 13-17).
Please see our Computer Usage Policy for more details.
Curbside Document Printing
The Arlington Public Library is offering curbside document printing at all locations beginning Monday, May 4, 2020. Library card holders can send documents online for printing, then pick them up in touchless transactions. At a time when patrons may be dealing with medical or unemployment paperwork, curbside printing expands technology access for library card holders.
Just like curbside item pick up, curbside printing will be available from Monday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. A library card is required to use curbside document printing. Follow these easy steps to get started!
Use the Library’s mobile printing to send your prints. You can choose between emailing your documents, uploading them, or sending them through the PrinterOn app. See the Mobile Printing tab on this page for more instructions.
Drive to your selected location and park at the Curbside Service location.
Call the Library at (817) 459-6900 and let staff know you’re here to pick up your prints.
Library staff will verify the details of your print job over the phone before printing it and bringing it outside.
Documents must be picked up the same day they are sent to the Library. Prints are not saved overnight.
You don’t need to pay for your prints at curbside, but the printing costs will be added to your account. You can pay in person after the Library reopens, or pay any time online.
Do you have questions about mobile printing? Library staff is available for help at (817) 459-6900 from Monday through Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can also click here to ask your question online.
Mobile Printing is available at all Library locations. As of May 4, 2020, mobile printing is temporarily only available to library card holders.
Printing cost is $0.15 for Black & White and $0.50 for Color per page
Password protected sites and documents will not print! For a complete list of supported file types go to PrinterOn
Method 1: Upload file(s) from the Mobile Print Portal
Choose your library’s Mobile Print Portal:
- George W. Hawkes Downtown Library: https://www.printeron.net/apl/downtown
- East Arlington: https://www.printeron.net/apl/east
- Lake Arlington: https://www.printeron.net/apl/lake-arlington
- Northeast: https://www.printeron.net/apl/northeast
- Southeast: https://www.printeron.net/apl/southeast
- Southwest: https://www.printeron.net/apl/southwest
- Woodland West: https://www.printeron.net/apl/woodland-west
Select the black and white or color printer.
Enter your email address.
- If printing from a website: copy and paste the website's url into the text box. (password protected sites will not work)
- If printing a document from your computer: click Browse and locate file.
Click the green print button.
Method 2: Send as Email Attachment
Login to your email account and send an email with the document(s) to be printed to any of our printers:
- George W. Hawkes Downtown Library — First Floor — Black and White: email@example.com
- George W. Hawkes Downtown Library — First Floor — Color: firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Arlington — Black and White: email@example.com
- East Arlington — Color: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lake Arlington — Black and White: email@example.com
- Lake Arlington — Color: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northeast — Black and White: email@example.com
- Northeast — Color: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southeast — Black and White: email@example.com
- Southeast — Color: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southwest — Black and White: email@example.com
- Southwest — Color: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Woodland West — Black and White: email@example.com
- Woodland West — Color: firstname.lastname@example.org
With this method, you can print both the email AND the attachment as separate print jobs. You will not be charged for the email if you decide not to print it.
Method 3: Upload the PrinterOn App
Download the free PrinterOn app for iPhone, iPad, Android, and use the app to print to a branch library. Open the PrinterOn application and search for the Arlington Public Library. You can enter your zip code, or allow the app to use your location. Add your Printers Print documents, photos, or web pages directly from the application.
Self-Service Business Centers
Each library location now provides an all-in-one machine. The Downtown Library offers three, one on each floor.
The new machines offer the following services:
- Black and White copies at $.15 a page
- Color copies at $.50 a page
- Duplexed copies are charged for each side, so a double-sided print is $.30 total for black and white and $1.00 for color.
- Digital scans at $.05 a page. Scanned documents may be emailed or saved to a thumb drive.
- Domestic faxes at $1 per page. The Library does not offer international faxing.
These machines are cash only.